Thursday, April 20, 2006

Red Sox Safe to Watch (Cautiously)

1145512405_2772.jpg

My husband's father was born in Boston in 1919 and died in Boston at the age of 83 without ever seeing his beloved/hated Red Sox win the World Series. My husband was born in Boston in 1953. As a child he saw Ted Williams play. I was born in New Jersey (when is none of your business) and paid no attention to the Red Sox until I met my husband and they all became part of both my waking life and my nightmares. So October 2004 was very cool but even more a very great relief. Maybe now we could just relax and enjoy a ball game without having to shut off the TV every time a runner was left on base or assume the fetal position whenever a pitcher stayed in the game one batter too long.

I wish. If you are yoked to a Red Sox fan you know what I mean. But in my own quiet way, I am enjoying this lovely start to the season.

No comments: